Loris Malaguzzi

lmalaguzzi150-150

Loris Malaguzzi
(Correggio 1920 – Reggio Emilia 1994)

After taking degrees in pedagogy and psychology, Loris Malaguzzi began his career as an elementary school teacher in the 1940s. In 1950 he established the Municipal Psycho-Pedagogical Medical Center in Reggio Emilia, where he worked for more than twenty years. In 1963 he began collaborating with the city administration for the opening of the first municipal preschools. This network of services, which in 1967 also incorporated the “people’s nursery schools” that had been established in the post-War period, was expanded in 1971 to include the first infant-toddler centers. Malaguzzi directed these educational services for many years, working alongside other close colleagues. Consultant to the Italian Ministry of Education, director of the education journals Zerosei and Bambini, in 1980 he established the National Early Childhood Group in Reggio Emilia. Malaguzzi untiringly promoted an innovative philosophy of education that would give value to the wealth of potentials and resources of all children, as expressed in the concept of the “hundred languages of children

VIDEOGALLERY

PHOTOGALLERY